This coming Sunday, Feb. 2nd will be Scouting Sunday – we will help to celebrate this national scouting event during the 9am Mass at the I.C. Church.
The day is meant to mark the founding of the Scouts in the United States.
We have a great opportunity to show our sponsors our gratitude for their support, and our community that Pack 24 is there to help.
If you are able to attend the Mass, this will be great. We have 4 boys that will be getting their Religious Award at the Mass also.
The general proceedings will be as follows:
– We plan to have the boys hand out the pamphlets before mass begins.
– The boys can then proceed in front of the priest with the Pack flags and place them at the front of the church.
– Members of our Pack will help with the readings.
– The boys that completed their Religious Awards will receive their medals during the Service.
– The Girl Scouts will be there also – and will carry the gifts to the Altar.
– At the end of mass, we will carry the flags out.
If you have any questions please contact Tony Martinez.
Make sure to check your email for the invitation to the Blue & Gold Banquet.
Saturday, February 08, 2014
12:00 PM – 03:30 PM
This year we will host the ceremonial “Order of the Arrow” Native American Dancers to honor our Webelos scouts as they Crossover (to Boy Scouts). The dancers are really something to see, and there will even be some audience participation.
Congratulations to Jack Verri, Tristan Niedzielski, Ryan Tran and James Martinez who will be representing Pack 24 at the district wide race which right now is scheduled for Sat, the 5th of April. Please hold on to your cars and let the pack know if you cannot attend.
Also, congratulations to all the racers this year, there were a number of great car designs and much fun was had by all.
In case you or your scouts are interested in the detailed results, I’ve attached everything here, both in .pdf and .xls form … there are detailed results at the individual heat level as well as the overall standings.
Pack 24 Results (PDF)
Pack 24 Results (XLS)
Pack 24 Standings (PDF)
Pack 24 Standings (XLS)
The Wolf Den will be visiting the Marlbrough courthouse on Lake Williams on Thursday. Please meet us at the lobby at 3:15pm to start the tour.
Gather your tools and get your kits ready! It’s time for the Pack 24 Pinewood Derby. This year the derby will be held on January 10th and 11th.
A few items of note:
- Please be prompt on registration night. We only have 14 potential cars to register, but want to make sure everyone has time to make adjustments/repairs in the event of any complications
- Car numbers are assigned as per the attached .pdf but there is no need to label your car prior to registration night. We’ll have stickers to attached to the cars at registration
- Post registration, the cars will be spending the night at Meehan hall, not to be accessed again by their owners until after the race on Saturday
- Our race is first on Saturday morning and there will be a few hours between the Pack 24 race and the City Wide championship. Therefore, plan accordingly so you can attend the championship race in the event your scout is in the top 4 within the pack
Don’t forget, assuming the District race is run the same as it has been in the past, the same 4 racers that advance to the city wide championship will also be invited to the District race that will be happening later this spring!
Good luck racers, we’ll see everyone on Friday the 10th to register and weigh in your cars!
Registration Night – Friday January 10th
6:00PM Registration Opens
7:00PM Sibling Race Begins
*** If there are any parents or siblings that are building cars for fun, and you would like to see them race on Friday night, please let me know the name of the parent/sibling ASAP. ***
7:30PM Registration Closes
8:00PM Doors close
Race Day – Saturday January 11th
8:00 AM Doors Open
9:00 AM Pack 24 Race
10:00 AM Pack 41 Race
11:30 AM Pack 31 Race
1:00 PM City-Wide Championship Race
* Consists of 4 cars from each pack (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st Tiger)
1:45 PM City Wide Winners are announced
* There will be 4 trophies awarded (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 1st Tiger)
2:00 PM Breakdown / Cleanup
3:00 PM Doors Close